3 John 1:4 "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Grandparents, Pie, and Kids

On Saturday, my parents came over for some pizza and pie. I knew two things (grandkids and pie) would get my parents to come for a visit 45 min. away. I was feeling extra industrious in the kitchen and just had to try my hand at homemade banana cream pie.
Grandpa G. with Micah and Ben
Grandma G. with Caleb and Hannah
Me with the Pie. It was pretty good. Dad gave it a "10" and I would give it a "7-8". My one question, is there a way to keep the bananas from getting brown or is it inevitable? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I did put orange juice over them, but it still didn't seem to help.
Hannah enjoying her time in the jumper
The Kiddos! Not bad for all 4 together. :)

4 comments:

Deb said...

Great pics with Grandpa and Grandma! And a job well done on the pie, Krista. I like that you have family rate food, too. SO helpful...though my hubby doesn't always like to do it. My mom writes it directly on the recipe. I hope you are saving your (fantastic!) ratings,too :)

Melissa said...

Oh, that pie sounds delicious! Can you send me the recipe? I've heard lemon juice helps with the bananas, but you'd think it would do the same as orange juice, right?

Those kids are so precious! I bet those grandparents are having so much fun. :)

Unknown said...

To stop the bannas from turning brown eat it faster.

Unknown said...

Just eat te pie faster before they can turn brown.