3 John 1:4 "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Porch BEFORE and AFTER

 A couple weeks ago my dad offered to help "dress up" the front porch columns. He is a gifted wood craftsman and I agreed to his help with no hesitation! Let's just say, I was his assistant and gopher.

We began by making a trip to Menards to buy the pine wood to wrap the 6 posts you see in the before photo. It took 3 full days to complete and then I painted 2 coats of exterior white paint about a week ago before we hosted our July 4th week of festivities. See here and here for pictures.


BEFORE:

AFTER:


What a difference some pine wood, screws, and exterior white paint make in transforming a porch! 
Next project: painting the porch and back deck with Restore

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow that looks awesome! I love it. It is so polished and adds a lot more than you'd think.

Melissa Dillon said...

What a difference! Your porch looks so inviting! Show us more! :)

The Runner Family said...

Looks AWESOME! Way to go Dad and Krista!